Monday, January 23, 2012

Easy Potato Wedges Recipe

Yesterday the NFL Postseason games were about to come on and I was wanting something different to snack on.  Now I will be the first to admit I am not anything close to a chef but I am more then willing to go into the kitchen and screw up some good food.  This was very easy though and fit that need for something other then chips while watching a game.

Very Easy Oven Potato Wedges
Ingredients:
    4 medium sized potatoes
    2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
    1 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 teaspoon seasoning salt
    1 teaspoon onion powder
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese

Directions:
  1.     Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2.     Rinse then thoroughly in cold water, just to clean off any dirt
  3.     Cut the potatoes into wedges, I do 6 per potato
  4.     Add oil and toss the potatoes around so they are evenly coated (hands work fast and great)
  5.     Add all of the spices and the cheese and toss so they are evenly coated (hands work fast and great)
  6.     Place on a baking pan in one layer (preferably lined, makes for easy cleaning) and bake for around 30-40 minutes, depending on person preference of potato texture.
  7.     Serves great with a little sour cream, next time will add some cheese after they cook as well.
   
    I added a little salt after they cooked, brought out the flavor I thought but only do that based on your taste and desire

I am fairly sure that because of these potato wedges both teams I was hoping to win, won.  Patriots and the Giants are off to the Super Bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment