Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Online tools or offline tools?

For a while now I have pondered developing another npc generator and even put a lot of work into what I call Evolution.  Evolution is a interface platform that would allow me to easily create new tools without the hassle of having to create a unique application each time.  I have to say though, the more I do website work and learn PHP, it does have me wondering why not develop an npc generator like that of NPC Designer but online rather then offline.


First is can it be done, NPC Designer - 3.5 NPC Generator does a lot of fancy things that based on what I see from other npc generation software just isn't done.  I do think it can be and PHP seems to have the needed functions to make it happen, I think the real issue will be speed but we will see.  I already started coding the basic building blocks to any npc generator and with those some smaller scripts just to test out functionality, like a potion generator, wand generator and now even a spellbook generator.  I will be posting these online at www.rpgattitude.com in case you wish to take a look and see how they work or give feed back on how to make them better.

Related Links
NPC Designer





No comments:

Post a Comment